Who we are
We are committed to respecting and protecting your privacy when we deal with your personal information. The following privacy notice gives you details on the information we collect about you, how we protect and use it, and your rights. If you have any questions about how we use your information, please email us firstname.lastname@example.org
Types Of Personal Data We Collect And Use
We will use your personal data for the reasons set out below. We will collect most of this directly during the registration. The personal data we use may include:
- Your name, address and contact details, including email address and home and mobile telephone numbers, date of birth and gender
- Your previous and current medical health records whether provided by Blinkers Eye Care or other third parties.
- Information about your marital status, next of kin, dependants nominated and/or emergency contacts
- Information about your nationality.
- Information about medical or health conditions, including whether or not you have a disability for which the organisation needs to make reasonable adjustments
- Information about medical or health conditions of your family.
In some cases, the organization may collect personal data about you from third parties, such as insurer providers, sponsors.
Providing Your Personal Data
We will tell you if providing some personal data is optional, including if we ask for your consent to process it. In all other cases, we need you to provide your personal data so we can provide care and treatment and receive payment for these services.
Monitoring Of Communications
Subject to applicable laws, we may monitor and record staff calls, emails, text messages, social media messages and other communications in relation to our dealings with you. We will do this to ensure an appropriate standard of care, for regulatory compliance, self-regulatory practices, crime prevention and detection, to protect the security of our communications networks and systems, to check for unlawful content, obscene or profane content, for quality control and staff training, and when we need to see a record of what has been said. We may also monitor activities on our network and systems where necessary for these reasons and this is for our legitimate interests or other legal obligations.
Who we share your data with.
Subject to applicable data protection laws we may share your personal data with:
- Consultants/doctors and other healthcare professionals who provide treatment to you at our facilities
- Other healthcare providers where we feel this will enhance the quality of your care.
- Companies and other persons providing services to you as part of your extended care;
- Our legal and other professional advisors, including our auditors.
- Courts, to comply with legal requirements, and for the administration of justice
- In an emergency or to otherwise protect your vital interests
- To protect the security or integrity of our business operations and other patients
- Payment systems and providers; and Anyone else where we have your consent or as required by law
- Sharing of your personal data to contribute to the review and publishing of information about the quality and cost of privately funded healthcare
Private Healthcare Information Network
Subject to applicable data protection laws Blinkers Eye Care is required to provide performance data to the Health Management Organisation(HMOs), which publishes information on the quality and cost of privately funded healthcare.
HMOs goal is to help patients make more informed choices about where to go for treatment. HMO is only concerned with understanding the treatment that hospitals and doctors provide, whether that treatment was safe and effective, and whether there were any complications.
Personal Data For Research Purposes And Marketing Purposes
Subject to applicable data protection laws and your explicit written consent we may share your personal data for the purpose of scientific research.
Sharing Of Your Personal Data For Marketing Purposes
Subject to obtaining your written consent and communications preferences we may use your contact details to send you quarterly or annual follow up messages and other information on new facilities, services and treatments which we think may be of interest to you. We will not sell your personal data to a third party without your written consent.
You are free at any time to change your mind and withdraw your consent. Please contact email@example.com . This will not affect the healthcare services we provide to you.
How Long We retain Your Data?
Information may be held for longer periods where the following apply:
- Retention in case of queries. We will retain your personal data as long as necessary to deal with any queries you may have
- Retention in case of claims. We will retain your personal data for as long as you might legally bring claims against us
- Retention in accordance with legal and regulatory requirements. We will retain your personal data after you have received healthcare services at our facilities based on our legal and regulatory requirements.
Confidentiality and security
In order to safeguard private data from loss, misuse of authorized access or use, modification, destruction, or alteration of your personal information, the company has implemented usually recognized technology and operational safety standards. Access to sensitive personal information is given to only approved staff, and these staff has agreed to keep the confidentiality, safety, and integrity of this data. While the Company follows standard industry practices and takes reasonable technical and organizational precautions to protect personal information under our control, any unlawful or unauthorized access or regulatory environment may disclose information; and transmission or private communication measures or interceptions may be abused or misused by other users and third parties. Blinkers Eye Care Ltd. is not responsible for any unauthorized access or use by third parties unless such access is enabled because of our gross negligence or willful misconduct”
Modifications and Updates
The company reserves the right to change or amend this declaration at any time, with or without warning, for legislative, administrative, or technical reasons. Any changes will be deemed to have taken effect when posted on www.blinkerseyecare.com and it is your responsibility to read the terms on each occasion you use www.blinkerseyecare.com.